European Council agrees on stricter rules for building energy performance
On 25th,Oct,2022,The European Council reached an agreement on a proposal to revise the Energy Performance of Buildings Directive. The main objectives of the revision are that all new buildings should be zero-emission buildings by 2030, and that existing buildings should be transformed into zero-emission buildings by 2050.
- from 2028 new buildings owned by public bodies would be zero-emission buildings
- from 2030 all new buildings would be zero-emission buildings
- For existing buildings, member states agreed to introduce minimum energy performance standards
- Member states agreed to bring all non-residential buildings below the 15% threshold by 2030 and below the 25% threshold by 2034.
- Member states agreed to add a new category “A0” to the energy performance certificates that would correspond to zero-emission buildings.
- PV required on new and renovated buildings from 2027
Lean more about the proposals.
“Fit for 55 ” refers to the EU’s target of reducing net greenhouse gas emissions by at least 55% by 2030. The proposed package aims to bring EU legislation in line with the 2030 goal.
Building energy performance is important parts of “Fit for 55” package.
Buildings account for 40% of energy consumed and 36% of energy-related direct and indirect greenhouse gas emissions in the EU. EU countries are working on the revision of the energy performance of buildings directive to make buildings in the EU more energy efficient by 2030 and beyond. The next step will be negotiations with the European Parliament (trilogues).
The main objectives of the new rules are:
- all new buildings should be zero-emission buildings by 2030
- existing buildings should be transformed into zero-emission buildings by 2050
Vacuum glass will contribute the the realization of “Fit for 55” plan,main advange include:
1.Super low thermal performance,compared with existing double glazing,Vacuum glass performance is 3-5 times better.
2.Super thin and light, perfect option for home renovation without changing original windows.
Based on same U value performance,vacuum glazed windows will be thin and lighter than triple glazed windows ,and overall costs is lower.
3.Vacuum glazing is perfect for building roofs as its U value won’t been affected by installation angle while insulating glass U value will increase by 20-30% when horizontal installation.
Contact us for your next great building.